Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update

I was just reading on one of the websites that I often go to and someone referenced a posting from Leroy Siever's blog. I have been wanting to check it out for some time, but just kept forgetting when I had the opportunity. I really did not get to read much of it, but what I read, I was completely able to relate to. (That just seems scary to me.) I guess I just didn't realize how much I was learning/feeling/ managing over the past 2 years, since my stage 4 diagnosis.

I do know that I am so sick and tired of doctor appts, and tests, and having to make a million phone calls to schedule everything! It is just ridiculous! There is always something new going on and it needs to stop.

Quick update:
Chemo Monday. Almost uneventful. I complained about pain in my upper left arm a few weeks ago (possibly tendonitus?) and the last 2 weeks numbness and tingling in the lower left arm. They sent me for an ultrasound on the arm to rule out a blood clot. No blood clot. Lymphedema? Who knows. Hopefully nothing.
Tuesday- follow up with pulmonologist. They reviewed everything and only 1 number from the pft was lower than normal. At this time, they are not concerned about it. Follow up in 2 months. Recommend seeing ENT to examine vocal chords- since I have not had my normal voice for like 2 months.
Thank you Donna, for watching the girls all day Monday, and to Beth for watching them on Tuesday!!

Considering Wednesday is my hardest day of the week, I had a very nice day with my girls. We did nothing special and enjoyed it anyway.

I am excited for the busy weekend coming up. Friday night I am going to see the Sex and The City movie with a few girlfriends. Yay! Saturday we will be getting together with friends and Sunday we will be visiting both families for Father's Day. And no treatment on Monday! Woo-hoo!

No comments: