Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monday's appt, Cycle 14, wk1

Met with my nurse oncologist on Monday. I told her about the other appts and allergic reaction to Protonix. She just laughed and said, "I am glad it is not us doing it to you this time." Things are pretty much status quo- so we will continue on the treatment.

Good news- my tumor marker, which was the blood work drawn 2 weeks ago, was again very low! Yay!

I like to celebrate this type of news in-the-moment because you never know when something can change. So, I don't always share this news, but I have wanted to because I want you to know that things are going well with keeping the cancer under control. And the reason that I am not always so happy and peppy is because I have been on this treatment for 13 months now. (Again, I am very thankful that this treatment has worked for so long, because this will ultimately lead to a longer life!) But, it is still 13 months on chemo. Dealing with the side effects has not been a fun experience and I am tired of being tired.

In the title I mention Cycle 14, wk 1. There are 4 weeks to every cycle. 3 weeks of treatment(Monday's), 1 week off. I think I will talk to my oncologist next week about having 2 weeks off.

Amanda and Emily started camp on Monday. They seemed to have a really good time! In the morning, Amanda said, "I am really nervous Mommy." I told her that she was just nervous because she was never there before, but she was going to have so much fun. What I didn't tell her was that I was nervous too and had butterflies in my stomach! I think it made them both feel better knowing that they had each other there! (Made me feel better, too!)

No comments: