Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Weekly Update

I cannot believe that it has been a week since I last posted! Crazy!

I was able to get an appt with the ENT at Penn on Tuesday. (I guess that is one plus about having cancer- you get sneaked into over-booked schedules because they are concerned that your problem is related to cancer!) Luckily- that is not the case, then again, I pretty much knew it wasn't. The way it was explained to me, is that your vocal chords look like 2 vertical parallel lines. But, I guess due to the months of coughing, my vocal chords are bowed. so the ENT is recommending me to see a Speach Therapist. Whatever it takes, ya know? That is scheduled for June 30th.

I still have not scheduled an appt to see the ortho about my foot. Maybe tomorrow!

This was my week off from treatment, and I must say that I have been feeling really good! And it feels great to say that. Although I have developed a rash, an itchy rash. I have no idea what this one is from. My list of medications and drug allergies just continue to grow.

The good stuff:
My sister Val had a baby girl on Tuesday. Her name is Aubrey Katelyn. I have not met her yet, but hope to tomorrow!
And my sister Andrea is expecting again! Her babies will be 12 months apart. Good luck Andrea!

I saw Sex and the City last weekend with some girlfriends. Loved going out with the girls and also loved the movie!

I am enjoying having the girls home from school the past 2 weeks. It has been nice not having to get up and out the door every day. Two days this week we didn't even get in the car. (Unheard of!) But it has been fun and even a little (teeny tiny bit) relaxing.

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather and all doing well!

No comments: