Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I cannot believe that it has been almost a year since my last post. I think things got a bit overwhelming for me and it took a while to get back to it.

We had a great day today! We (Paul, Amanda, Emmy, and I) went to breakfast with Dad T., Rose, Kathryn and Jack. We came home and went for a quick bike ride, then went out to see "Up" with Kathryn and Jack. Great movie. We had a nice dinner and enjoyed our fabulous ice cream cake, prepared by yours truly plus Amanda and Emily.

It was a busy weekend with The Underhills performance Friday night and Michael's graduation party, but I kept up. Yay.

I sent out the following email to some of you on June 2nd, so I wanted to give an update.

"I just wanted to let you know that I am on my roller coaster again. Although I have been feeling really good and adjusting to the new treatment and am excited about my hair growing, I just spoke to my nurse practitioner and my tumor markers are up. So now I feel deflated, my bubble completely burst.

I have only been on this new drug for 2 cycles, so we need to give it more time. I will probably have scans after the 3rd cycle. I really want this to work because my energy level is better and I really want my hair. I am really tired of the wigs and scarves!

Anyway, I just didn't want anyone saying "Oh, I heard you were feeling good.....", and me to have to fake an answer. I need to work on communicating with my family and friends, so here it is. Sorry for venting. I will be feeling better in a few hours! (I bounce back quickly..I just need to take my mind off of this.)"


By day 4 of the 3rd cycle, I was really starting to have problems with my feet again. By day 6 they were really bad, so I called the nurse and she said to stop until I see them. (I was seeing them 2 days later on June 11th) When I saw the doctor she said to stay off the chemo until my feet were 90% better, because my feet would only get worse if I continued, and quickly. They also suggested starting avastin again, because recent studies showed it to be beneficial with the current chemo. So this is good, but my nose was just getting back to normal.

Had scans Monday 6/15. All was good. The area in the liver was "slightly diminished". I will take it. Yay! Started avastin 6/18, and will get that every other week, but will skip 7/2 because I don't feel like spending my birthday getting treatment. So I will get it the following Monday.

That's it for now. See ya...

No comments: